WHO SHOULD ATTEND THIS COURSE?
Staff or Individuals who want to work as a pallet truck operator.
On completion of this course, participants will be able to:
- Identify the legislation and guidance applicable to use of rider operated trucks.
- Be aware of all health & safety procedures relating to rider operator lift trucks
- Know the procedure to correctly load the truck.
- Be aware of hazards and safety issues associated with pallet truck operation.
- Use the pallet truck in a responsible manner as to not endanger others.
- Identify and carry out the steps to take effective battery maintenance.
- Brief summary of the Safety, Health and Welfare at Work Act 2005.
- Pallet Truck Principles
- Safe lifting and transport of pallets.
- Loads and Storage
- Lateral Instability
- Rated Capacity.
- Battery care and general maintenance.
- Practical exercise and assessment of skills.
Classroom presentation on Powerpoint, supplemented by videos, and discussions throughout the course. A Course Booklet is also provided. A practical Instruction and short answer assessment knowledge.
- Maximum of 6 participants.1
- 1 day duration.