Harness Safety Training Course
Please call us on 01 4011754 for bookings
Title: Harness Training
Aim of Harness Safety Training Course:
This course is designed to provide the course participants with the appropriate knowledge with the hazards and dangers of working at height with Safety Harnesses.
Harness Course Content:
- All work at heights must be carried out in accordance with the requirements contained in Safety, Health & Welfare at Work (Construction) Regulations 2006, Safety, Health & Welfare at Work (General Application Part 4 Work at Height) Regulations 2007 and the HSA Code of Practice for Access and Working Scaffolds.
- Prevent falls from height by physical precautions or, where this is not possible, provide equipment that will arrest falls.
- Ensure there are physical precautions to prevent falls through fragile materials.
- Erect scaffolding, access equipment, harnesses and nets under the supervision of a competent person
- Ensure there are criteria for using ladders
- Risk Assessment
- Avoid, Prevent, Mitigate and give collective measures priority.
- Collective protection-Scaffolds-Hand rails, Toe boards etc
- Safety Harness differences between Restraint & Fall arrest
- Restraint preferable for use in MEWPS
- If using fall arrest a written rescue plan in place.
- Correct fitting of harness
- Trace ability harness
- CE mark & appropriate BSEN
- Harness max 5 year usage.
- Preuse checks
- Safe use of Ladders
- Safe use of treastles/Platforms
No of delegates:
Maximum of 10 participants
At Salus Training Services,Stone Manor House, Tay Lane, Rathcoole, Co Dublin
Harness Safety Training Course can be conducted on your premises.
- Room suitable to seat 8 people comfortably (with tables /desks if possible)
- White wall or projector screen